Saturday, May 5, 2012

This week, we answer several questions on our personal experiences and evaluations of our physical, spiritual and emotional health. 
First, I'd say that I rate at a 6 out of 10 for my physical health, a 7 for my spiritual health and an 8 for my psychological health.  My goals are to, A- consistently walk/run for 45 minutes each day, 4 days per week in addition to my current exercise routine...B- regain the self-discipline of having a consistent daily devotional/Bible study for at least 20 minutes...and C- apply specific techniques that I've learned in order to retrain my mind toward more positive thinking.  


The activities I will participate in will vary, but will include such things as Hatha Yoga, Relaxation Exercises, Walking, Jogging, Visualization, Prayer, Bible Study, Books, etc.


I will now start my Relaxation Exercise and report my findings on its benefits or frustrations tomorrow.


Thanks for reading.  Good night and God Bless,


Melissa Rasberry



2 comments:

  1. Melissa, Great picture by the way! :) On your physical well-being, are you going to start out at 45 minutes per day. If you have never gone that far before, it could be a stretch. An alternative is 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back is a good rule to start. Let the pace be your guide before going 45 mins. or more.

    Your spiritual well-being has great goals of studying the bible which studying is a great way to gain knowledge but more importantly understanding.

    Melissa it was a overall bad week for me and I tried the relaxation exercise and could not relax. Sometimes you have to unwind in order to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Stokes!

    I couldn't tell the comment was you since your name isn't listed with "Fit & Over 50". Good to communicate with you.

    Yes, 45 minutes would be a bit tough to start out, however, I've already gone through 2 weeks at 15 minutes, up to 30 and now, at my 6th week, I'm getting up to one hour of cardio, usually on various machines at the gym. My challenge is making it a consistent, daily habit. This only happens two to three times each week right now. I keep pushing myself to improve on my timing as I run...it's getting easier to run for longer distances. Yey! Consistency is the key, though...

    I am sorry to read that you had a bad week. It is hard to relax at times. Hopefully, you'll find successful ways to unwind and relax this week.

    Good Luck!

    Melissa Rasberry

    ReplyDelete