Monday, April 30, 2012
Relaxation to the Max!
This week, we were able to participate in a relaxation exercise. I thought that the end of the day was the perfect time. My kids were in bed, the house was quiet and I'd actually get to focus on the technique. Well...I got comfortable, closed my eyes and began to listen...I felt my muscles relax, my breathing began to deepen and slow its pace, and then...four hours later, I woke up with my headphones on. I'd say the exercise worked, but I think I need to try again and finish it to its ending to have a better sense of how the relaxation exercise made me feel. :) It all else, I now have a new way to fall asleep fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you were able to find the perfect time to get in some relaxation. I think that a certain level of calm all around you needs to be achieved before you can focus your energies on relaxing. At first, anyhow. Until you get the hang of it and can will yourself to relax expertly.
And wow! Did you ever relax! Ahaha! Great little nap! Did you notice any difference in taking a nap without relaxation technique aid and if so what would that difference be? I'm interested in hearing it. Truly, though, you seem to have certainly stumbled upon a great sleep aid! Ha!
Great blog entry! Well done, Melissa.
James
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI love that this made you relaz so much that it made you fall asleep. Of course a healthy way to unwind and calm down and health aids to helping us fall asleep are extrememly important. Its interesting however the way this is different than awake relaxing. I think being awake and relaxed or meditative helps us to connect to our emotions and practice being mindful. Of course we also connect with our emotionsinour dream state, but its different...somehow...but I can't really explain why. Anyways, I too have a dificult time meditating at night. I usually try to do it in the morning, but it has to be after I have been awake for a little while, maybe an hour. But everybody is different.
Sacha,
DeleteI have to get in a good workout before sitting down for my quiet time, bible study and prayer time. If I'm not totally alert, it makes for a difficult time concentrating.